Friday, December 22, 2006

A little teapot

I wanted a teapot for Christmas. I like tea and a pot for brewing it was definitely on my list of luxuries that I wanted to have. It's the only thing that I told my roommate that I wanted, so I was fairly certain that she would get me one. On Wednesday we had a "holiday" party at work that included a "secret Santa" gift exchange. I received a teapot and some tea from one of my co-workers. Nicole and I were going to give each other our gifts on Thursday since she left today to go home for Christmas. Because I thought there was a great chance that I would get a teapot from her I concealed the gift I got at work. I was right, she got me a teapot. So now I have two white teapots of slightly different size and shape and one with an infusing basket for loose leaf teas. Tea helps me to relax, so I did not wait long to use one of the pots. This evening I had a pot of tea with dinner, and I think it was therapeutic. It was mint flavored green tea, and I really only like green tea if it is brewed right - briefly and not too strong. It is better in its full leaf form and the mint gave it interesting flavor. I will deal with the effects of caffeine on my body for the evening and trust that I have not had enough caffeine lately for it to be much of a problem.

I house sit again this weekend and imagine that I will spend most of my time tonight and tomorrow by myself. I will stop by tonight to pick up what I need to get into the house tomorrow and will spend tomorrow doing laundry over there. I will stay there until sometime on Christmas, since the family is coming home on Sunday afternoon and I am going to spend Christmas Eve with them. My friend and I have already decided that we will have a crying party that night. We're both dealing with difficult situations right now, so when we have a night together we will make the most of it and commiserate. I am glad that God catches our tears in a bottle. He will be there with us to comfort us.

5 comments:

Redeemed said...

Hi Angie, dear. Cheer up, believe or not, a lot of people don't like this time of the year because it's a difficult time of the year for many.

Moments as such are very difficult, but often, it's during these very times that we feel the hand of God the most, so maybe, it's not so bad.

I know how you are feeling. Be encouraged that prayers are being lifted up for you, maybe even as you read this!!

Angie said...

I love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday! There's just so much stuff going on right now that it makes it hard to get into it.

I do appreciate your prayers, Sarah. :)

Anonymous said...

Cheer up, my Angie. This too shall pass. It may be brief or may take a while, but have patience, wait on God and He will be faithful. :) I know it's hard, and I feel your pain dear friend!!! :(

Redeemed said...

Hi Angie! Haven't heard from you and wanted to make sure that you had an enjoyable Christmas day. Just thought I'd let you know that prayers are still being lifted up for you!

Nikki said...

I'm a little tea-pot, short and stout...!

I didn't get teapots for Christmas, though I wanted them I did not put them on my wish list... so I have purchased a few tea-for-one sets as after christmas gifts to self. Hehehe. I did, however, make use of the tea-for-one set you sent me for my birthday. It was perfect for the time of year. Glad to know you understand the tea thing... and why I bring back gobs of tea whenever we go to the UK. Pudding basins (which actually made my list) you may understand less. I must make a treacle sponge!

This year's Christmas was weird/unpleasant for several reasons... many of the family ones you know. It is nice to have the simple comforts of tea and a fire. Wish I could have shared them with you a bit more intimately.

Love ya!

N