I am greatly indebted to my sister for pointing out the wonder that is mapsforus.org. Please do visit this website and support the effort to bring maps to the mapless US American children so they in turn can help the Iraq and South Africa and Asia. It's for our future like such as.
Okay, so for those of you who don't live on YouTube.com, Miss South Carolina's statement (if one can call it that) on maps was hilarious. It made no sense. She did not manage to form a complete sentence even once. So they made a website in her honor to collect maps. The video of Miss South Carolina is included on the page - I assure you I have watched it several times and still cannot fathom its senselessness! I have made two map submissions and may send in more as I get brilliant ideas. So far I have sent a map of Dante's Inferno and a 1958 map of Disneyland. What map will you contribute?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That's hilarious! I had read about her comments in the newspaper, but hadn't seen the video clip - total nonsense! I'm loving the maps that people submit - there's one on there showing what people call soft drinks in various parts of the country (I was raised on "pop" but now drink "soda"). :)
Yes, that Youtube was so funny.
Post a Comment