There is snow falling in May in a number of states today, and there's snow in my apartment, too!
Snow White is currently crying pretty much all night. Last night was better, however. Mostly it was better because she started the night out knocked out by her rabies shot. She woke up around midnight, and Mommy wasn't thinking clearly. I figured since she had been sleeping for a long time, she'd probably need to go potty. I was right about that. I got her out and then put her on my bed while I grabbed my sweatshirt. She wet the bed. Mommy put her back in the cage, treated the sheet and mattress pad (didn't get through to the mattress, thankfully), and went to sleep on the couch. From what I could tell when I took out my earplugs to listen for her from time to time is that she did not cry as much last night. She at least seemed to take breaks, and actually wasn't crying when I woke up this morning. She's either still tuckered from the shot or might be figuring out that she's wasting her breath. Mommy hopes she's figured out the latter. Mommy's job in the nighttime crying is to try to figure out how to get her to go potty before bed and try to avoid accidents in the crate. I know she gets upset if her crate is wet.
During the day I'm going to try leaving her in the bathroom with the gate over the door, with her food, water, bed and potty pad with her. It seemed to work well on Tuesday, although the food was all over the floor when I got home. We'll see how she does today. She cried a little bit when I was about to leave, but not like she did in the past. Maybe if she associates the crate with bed and the bathroom with being left alone she'll take more kindly to the crate.
Yesterday I took her to the vet for a check-up and some vaccinations. She's going to get a new set of boosters that she already had because what she got didn't include something that the formula the vet uses has in it. She got the rabies shot because she has to have that to be licensed. The groomer also just asked me about whether or not she had it yet, so I am wondering if they require that as well. Basically what the vet said is that she had an eye infection (that seemed to just start yesterday, so the vet visit was timed well), so I get to put antibiotic cream in her eyes twice a day, but otherwise seems like a healthy little girl with a good heart and good lungs. She is 6.2 pounds right now and the vet said she most likely won't top 10. Because of her age, however, she only got one month of flea treatment since there is a 10 pound cut-off and she didn't want to give me a 4 month supply on the chance that Snow White gets bigger than anticipated. She's on heartworm medication, too. All this for a little ball of fur!
That ball of fur will be cleaner on Monday, since Mommy's going to take her to the groomer. Vet said she's got a LOT of hair in her ears, so that will need to get pulled out soon to avoid problems with the ears. Puppy grooming package (doesn't include hair cut since she's under 5 months) is only $15, so she won't break the bank this month in beauty salon fees.
I will try to take more pictures of her today. It may prove difficult because her favorite place to be is behind people on the couch (up on the back)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Have fun with snow. I'll take our weather here. Hooray for spring and summer. Congratulations on Snow White.
Poor baby!
Post a Comment