1. In the crock pot right now: Pork roast, assorted fingerling potatoes, apples, seasoned with a touch of cinnamon and a pinch of cloves. An experiment, so we'll see how it turns out. I do like those potatoes because they are small and cost the same at the local grocery store as Russets. Also, there are usually 3-4 varieties in one bag, so they each have slightly different flavor (which, of course, makes the flavor of the whole meal more interesting). They work really well in stews, too.
2. I think I found a place to take Lucy over Christmas. It's in a home and won't cost an arm and a leg, and it's on the way to the airport so I can drop her the morning I leave instead of the night before. The person is also a groomer, so she'll be in good hands.
3. Bible Study is going well. We are looking at the apostles, using Twelve Ordinary Men by John MacArthur as a guide. So far we've gotten through Peter, Andrew, James and John.
4. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours helping out in the church office. This is going to be a regular Monday afternoon activity for me now.
5. This past Sunday I observed the elementary program at church and will observe the 6th grade program this coming Sunday, after which time I will pick one to serve with.
6. I am thankful for people who are smarter than I am when it comes to certain things in the Bible. For instance, when Jesus is coming into Jerusalem and is feeling a bit hungry then curses the fruitless fig tree (which happens to be out of season), I had to read some commentary notes to figure out what He was doing. It looks superficially like an irrational act, but Jesus didn't do things without a reason. He had a reason, and it was to teach a spiritual lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
1. Seven bone roast with potates, carrots and onion.
2. We will be spending ours with Beau but it will still be lonely.
3. Mine is over for the semester - doing 1 Samuel. Tonight is the last meeting for our smaller group within the group. Dessert at Marie C's.
4. Yesterday Daddy took Beau to have his eye checked. He got hurt somehow and his eye was trying to heal on its own but dr said he needed a boost. So mommy is putting drops in his eye.
5. This past Sunday daddy and I spent hours at the Lashburn house. Mostly on lighting related stuff. And went to Home Depot, etc.
6. I am thankful for a kid who still believes in blogging instead of camping out on Facebook. Oh, well, these things come and go...
Okay - I need to be fair. I am grateful for all my daughters. They communicate with us well. I need to learn Facebook better.
Papa does not do Facebook, so blog now and then for him.
Love to all of you!!
Lucy's present arrived. It was fairly obvious which one it was. I'll have fun wrapping it, of course.
Looking forward to the arrival of Lucy's mommy. :)
Post a Comment