Tuesday, November 7, 2006
Surviving, and I can do this
I have survived the first two days on my own at work. I have no desk and sit where there is an available desk for the day. I have made errors, but so far I think I have caught them on my own, which means that I know how to do things but am still new at actually doing those things. Last night I came across a situation that really confused me at first, until I realized that something was very, very wrong with a customer's accounts. It bothers me somewhat that I am not going to be at work until noon today because I want to make sure that we get right on that issue and I want to be part of the solution. I feel bad because my brain holds the most information about the problem and I won't be there to explain in detail what an e-mail at 11:00 pm cannot quite express. This situation did give me some confidence since this is an unusual and complicated problem and I was able to figure out what is wrong, although another department will have to fix it. I can do this job, but it may take me a little while to get a good grasp of all of those things that they told us in training that my brain is just not recalling right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Well done. You are a smart lady.
You go, girl!!!
Way to go Angie! :) So is it still snowing?
No snow, Shieryl. It was 60 degrees today - absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment