Thursday, April 19, 2007
Highs and lows
This week I have seen things happen that are amazingly exciting. The prodigal returned and I got to watch it happen. I think I shed a few tears of joy in the process. Then I had a conversation with someone tonight that I think needed to happen and it was not enjoyable. It was probably the last page of the last chapter of a short book that once was a friendship. The death knell was sounded long ago, but tonight I think I saw the coffin nailed shut and lowered down into the ground. I shed a few tears over that as well, but these were hardly tears of joy. Things make more sense to me now, but I don't think I will ever understand why the friendship ever existed if it was to end like this. One way or the other, it's over. Fortunately the joy from this week is of such a nature that it outweighs the sorrow. God is good. God is faithful. God takes care of His children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment