Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring?

Today was a beautiful day. It was warm and sunny and there was a nice breeze. I spent time at a park, enjoying the day and was delighted to see green on the trees and bushes. We had a snow storm on Monday, so the nice weather was most welcome to me. I got a bit of a sunburn while at the park, but I intentionally did not put sunblock on today. I decided to let my skin soak in all of the rays, both good and bad. It's my first burn of 2007 and I am willing to deal with the minor burn in exchange for the sunshine.

I also had a chance to sit on my patio today and read. I am reading Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton. It was recommended by a friend who has similar intellectual tastes to my own, so I figured I would enjoy it. I was not prepared to laugh aloud several times while reading a philosophically inclined book on Christian faith. Chesterton is so witty. So far I am enjoying it immensely!

I am also still enjoying watching God work in the life of a friend. God is still in the business of transforming lives, and I love to see it in action! He is the God of all creation, displayed in the beauty of a warm Spring afternoon, and the God of new creations, displayed in the life of my friend. What a glorious God He is indeed!

4 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Lately it has been more like Summer over here.

'Orthodoxy' says some good things, though not all of his arguments are convincing. Bear in mind that he was a Roman Catholic.

God Bless

Matt

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love Chesterton!! One of my new fav quotes from him: "There are two ways to get enough - one is accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." Well put, don't you agree? Angie-dear, I miss you. And you have not read your myspace mail lately. There are some important words there. Mainly, I am to BE WED on August 4, 2007!!! To the man of my dreams. My knight in shining armor. WAHOO!
Blessings!

ROD said...

It is interesting that all creation points to God in some way; even waking up every morning is a reminder that Jesus was resurrected!!

Angie said...

Matt, yes, I can see his Catholicism. So far I've enjoyed it, but don't really agree with everything he has said. ;) I can't wait for consistently warm weather out here!

Jess, you were that friend who inspired me to read it! And...I knew you were getting married. I kinda gathered as much from stuff I had seen around! I am so happy for you!

Rod, very true indeed! Thanks for stopping by!