Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Christmas shopping...mostly done!

I did most of my Christmas shopping today. Over the past few days, numerous e-mails have been exchanged among the immediate family about Christmas presents. Most of us will not spend Christmas together, so it makes me grateful for the wondrous thing that is online shopping. They put a list up saying what they want and then with a few clicks the gifts are on their way, in some cases scheduled to arrive already wrapped. No trips to the busy malls (the very thought makes me shudder), no trips to the post office to mail packages (although I did mail something to my niece this week that was yet another "just because" present - I want her to get it before she grows out of it!), no getting halfway through wrapping something then realizing the tape is in the other room. I did not do all of my shopping, though. My parents have not yet indicated what they might want. I would like to get something for my roommate and for a few other friends, but none of the gifts will be spectacular (with the exception of a computer that one of my friends is getting, but it was won in a drawing at work for "retired" computers...it's not new but better than what she has now, for sure, and cost me nothing). In a few days I hope to be done for this year and can sit back and watch the mad rush, knowing that Amazon.com has saved me time and hassle. Wait...can I get paid for this advertisement?

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm very impressed. That is a feat. I don't want to shop until I know whether or not Dan is likely to get any bonuses this year. I want to know if we have room to wiggle. At this rate, we'll have packages to put under the tree long before we have a tree to put them under. I can tell you ONE thing. I am rather unlikely to show up at any store tomorrow. Ick!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I haven't even started. Most of my family hasn't shared what they want...of course, I haven't either. Better get on that.

Angie said...

Let's make that...all shopping for family done. :) I think all I have left now is the roommate! I'm impressed. I also don't want to see my credit card bill...