Friday, November 30, 2007

Nothing to lose

So I have decided to apply for another position at work. This does not stem from wanting to leave my current position. I actually feel no pressing need to do that. This is simply due to the fact that they are hiring three people to what is generally seen as the next step up from my job. Three people will be hired. That's not a window of opportunity; that's a city gate of opportunity. I am guessing that 5 or 6 people from my department will apply, including me. There are always external applicants and people from other departments will probably also apply, but the odds are much better than usual, so I have really nothing to lose. The worst thing that can happen is that I stay in my current job and get a better shift. Getting this promotion would mean most likely working second or third shift for some time but would be a good career advancement and would pay better. Why not?

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Oooh. Promotions are nice. I want the raise to go with mine. Keep us posted. :)

N

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

Good luck! Talia will put in a stellar reference for you.

Anonymous said...

I read the job description you sent. Well, I tried to read it. What I could get out of it, and doing this in the wee hours of the morning, well exciting...

Praying for the best for you in this opportunity, Ang. I know you certainly can do it. Whatever it is.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! :)