Today has been crazy at work. I have had nothing but big issues to deal with. In my first five hours of work I think I took 2 incoming calls. I had a day like this last week, too. I like it because it makes my day go by quickly and I get to expand my expertise. I am on my lunch break for a few more minutes, so I thought I would update my blog. There seems to be high demand for such a thing ;).
November 4 I went to Rochester and saw the Newsboys play there. After all these years, I'm still a fan of their music. They put on a great show at a rather small venue, too, which I really appreciated. It was really a lot of fun. They played quite a few of their older songs. I couldn't help wondering how many people in the audience weren't born yet or at least hadn't started school yet when I was first introduced to them by my sister (see what you started, Nikki?).
Since then things have been mostly routine, but that's okay. The weather is starting to turn. I went outside around noon today and it was raining, but there was a little bit of snow mixed in. Tonight there is supposed to be less than an inch of wet snow accumulation. I really prefer the light, "dry" snow. Wet snow is really heavy and dirty and just...WET.
That's about all I have time for right now. I need to follow up on a modem that has been down no less than 5 times in the past 3 hours. Work awaits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Steppin' on up to the microphone . . .
I am jealous! I imagine that in this small venue the drummer didn't spin upside down like he did in LA.
One God, one glory, one faith alone!
Oh, but they did have the spinning drumset. They had a runway down the center of the room with a small, round stage (by small maybe 6 or 7 feet in diameter) at the end of it. I was on the end of the row right next to the runway, so when a few of them came down that way I was not more than 3 feet away from them and was about 6 feet from the small stage at the end of it. During the dueling drums, one of the drumsets was on that small stage while the main set was on the spinning one. The smaller one raised up probably 15-20 feet, to the point where I could see nothing but the bottom of it and the edge of the drums. That small stage is also where two of them did a little "old school" Newsboys "competition" (they played the chorus of a few songs, in other words) and where Peter Furler did the testimonial/gospel/invitation part. He was down there singing at one point, too, and wiped the sweat off of his head. I could see the drops of sweat flying off of him. If I had been any closer I might have gotten hit. There was young teenage girl standing right there when he did that looking like it was her greatest honor to be hit with his sweat. She looked like she was practically worshipping him. She didn't scream, but she had one arm extended up, as some people might during worship songs, but it didn't look to me like God was her object of attention at that point. It really reminded me of young girls and Elvis to watch her (minus the gyrations, of course). I had to wonder if I was ever that crazy about the band when I was younger. Anyway, it was the same set they would have used anywhere else, and between them and the two bands that played before (both were a little bit "heavier") it was deafeningly loud in that place at times. So very fun, however. :)
Yay! So glad you have come back to the land of the blogging.
Wow... looks like I started it and you and Erin finished it. I never managed to see them play, even when I did the roadie thing for concerts. Glad you enjoyed it. :D
Say, whaddya say we start a petition that mom start a blog? I think she can start one for Bozie if she can't find anything to say herself. You know, "Today I went on a walk in my new stroller and ate little scraps of chicken from mom's plate..." Bozie could even occasionally fill us in on mom and dad's doings.
I will sign that petition. Maybe a different Bozie picture every day?
"This one says it's a lost cause. . ."
I'm all for it! We keep them updated on our lives. They can return the favor :). I don't think I have even seen Beau's stroller (although I have heard about it many a time). So, let the blogging begin!
"Another one states we better wait until we do a little market research. I'm saying no way. No way."
Nikki got it right. Bozie's blog: I ate chicken last night. I slept from 9 pm to 6 am. I am wearing my T shirt since my latest trip to the groomer left me a bit bare. Mom took me for a walk yesterday. Time to sleep now.
Mom could add: I (mom) went to work today. Yesterday I went to church and walked Bozie. And I saw G'mother. She is the same. It is foggy this morning. That's all folks!!
I have such a life. I should memorialize it. After a while no one would visit my blog - or would do so when trying to sleep. I do have a couple new pictures of Beau.
As always, you three can vote, but mom's vote trumps them!
Love to you all!
Are you suggesting that having your beautiful granddaughter visit for Thanksgiving and visiting her for Christmas is boring?
I would have liked to see your take on the N.C. trip as well. You guys went out to a really nice restaurant the other day. We would like to hear how Dad is liking his new job and what is happening with yours. You can take pictures of your new toys (such as TV). And no doubt Beau will pose for pictures daily. Believe or not, their are bloggers out there with much less to say! Jon reminds me that Seinfeld made a whole show "about nothing" and it was quite popular.
Talia votes that Grandma and Grandpa have a blog! Her vote is the Ace of Spades (and spades is trump)!!
Good grief. All of you sure can communicate - and maybe even persuade! Talia may have tipped the scale.
I suppose next time we go out to eat I should take pictures of the restaurant, food - before and after, the truck, other patrons...
Yes... learn from Steve and Roger. There is so much to photograph! Quick, someone have more grandkids so we can squash the opposition vote altogether.
Post a Comment