This week I boldly went where many, many people have gone before! I entered the world of RSS feeds, choosing Google Reader to do my hunting and gathering for me. I broke down and customized google.com to include the reader so I just go to the Google webpage and can see if there are any new blog posts. I have several blogs and two devotionals (both of the daily devotionals from www.gty.org, so never straying too far from my college roots) all delivered to a single webpage. Google Reader allows you to share with your friends who also use it, so I get to read the weird, interesting, funny and sometimes worthwhile things that Tim shares, for example, and he might see the devotional that I share ;). There is only one downside to this...people don't update their blogs often enough.
Oh, look, Erin updated her blog! Better go check that out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Some people update theirs multiple times per day. lol. I choose not to try to compete. I love my custom google page, though. You and the rest of the blogging fam are on it.
N
I love that idea. It would cut my blog checking time quite a bit.
Oh, good. It was instant messaging, then blogs then web cams then Facebook, now RSS or whatever.
Stop the internet, I want to get off!
Or just give me a book. (Reading Howard's End.)
Good for you! Google Reader is SO worthwhile! I used to go down my list of blogs and check them all regulary, which wasted time since they didn't update as often as I would check them. I have mine on my Google homepage, so I rarely actually go to Reader's site. My problem now is that I subscribe to too many blogs (mostly just friends) - I had over 180 posts waiting for me to read after I got back from vacation for a week! Maybe I'll try to check it while I'm gone next time. :P
Post a Comment