Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Brrrrr!
It has been rather cold of late. When winter came it really came! I am just grateful that we have not had the snowfall that other areas have gotten recently. I am watching The Weather Channel and seeing that the areas closer to the lakes are really getting a lot of snow. I think our maximum snowfall was on Friday when we got a few inches. We'll get a big storm or two, I am sure, before winter ends. Meanwhile I am looking forward to this weekend because the lows are supposed to be in the double digits! The lows of late have been so close to zero (if not below) that the "feels like" temperature has been rather consistently around -10 to -20. That's cold! (For the metric folks out there, right now the temperature is 5 F/-15 C, with a "feels like" of -11 F/-24 C.) I feel bad for our friends in Canada right now, since they've got even colder weather than we do! They were just talking about people plugging in their cars to keep the battery alive. That's not something that people out here could really do because there's no real historical need. I don't envy that! Even so, I think it's cold outside. I actually put on my gloves yesterday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I can vouch for all Canadians (well, Montrealers), that yep, it’s cold. It has been since yesterday the weather has been just morbid, and it’s going to stay like that until Thursday, at least. With the wind-chill, the temperature has gone down to -30 C. Poor Angie, you must be missing the nice California weather!
It’s nice to hear from, Angie. I trust the Lord is keeping you well and that life has stabilized a bit for you. Keeping you in prayer,
Sarah
Wow! That's cold. It truly doesn't feel like winter here, but I'm glad you are able to experience some "real" winters while you're on the East Coast. Try to stay warm and enjoy the snow for me!
Post a Comment