I spent my day off on Friday cooking and baking. I made bread. Who does that these days? I do! I also updated my Amazon.com wishlist to include cookbooks. I want to become a really good cook. I enjoy the cooking and baking and enjoy the fruit of my labor. I am embracing that interest as part of who I am and I am going to develop those skills, even if I am the only one who will ever really know just how well I have learned my kitchen skills.
I also got my first issue of Biblical Archaeology Review in the mail yesterday. I used to subscribe to it when I was just out of college, but I stopped reading it faithfully. Now I realized that I can do something about the lack of intellectual stimulation in my life and reclaim one of my interests, so I subscribed again. It's not the first magazine to fly off of the shelves, but it's one of the first that I would choose to read, so I am going to read it and enjoy it. This is one part of ME that I will not allow "life" to get in the way of right now as it did in the past.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
mmmm, I wish I could taste some of you cooking. Cooking and baking is fun, but the eating part is much funner!
Post a Comment