1. Girls' Night Out was on Friday night...dinner out with a group of ladies then dessert back at the church. It was a good night. The woman who shared her testimony when we all gathered together was a real encouragement. God is faithful and good!
2. I have officially pre-ordered my copy of the last book in the Harry Potter series. It's going to be released in July, just after the 5th movie is released into theaters.
3. I have decided that I want a dog. I cannot afford one right now, especially since I have rather expensive taste, but I am going to start saving up some money for one. The goal is to have enough money to cover the cost of a puppy from a reputable breeder, supplies (crate, bed, leash, harness, car seat, shampoo, bowls, etc.), veterinarian bills for the first 6 months and any unexpected expenses that may come up for a few months after purchase. It's going to be pricey, so it will probably take me more than a year to save up the money, but I want to make sure I can afford to properly take care of a dog before I buy one. I know what kind I want, so I have a goal in mind. I think I need to save up $1500 before I am ready to buy. Like I said, expensive taste!
4. I have also decided what I want my next position to be within the company I work for. I have received encouragement from more than one person in that group to apply if a position opens. At least one of them told me that of all the people doing my job, I have a rare quality and am probably the best candidate. That's always nice to hear. A position opening, however, means someone has to leave, and I can't apply for anything for another 6 weeks anyway (have to be there for 6 months first), so it's a waiting game, but it allows me to ask a lot of questions about what I need to know and learn more so I am an even better candidate.
5. I'm turning 26 next month. It reminds me that I do not bemoan my advancing age. ;) I do not mind getting older. I think I gained some of that mentality from my mother, who has never tried to hide age or complained about passing years. God gives us time on this earth. We might as well celebrate it! Now for my younger friends who tell me, "If I am still single when I get to be your age, I'll be very depressed," let me tell you that it's not all that bad. I have not turned desperate yet! I am FAR too young for that sort of thing! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thanks for the update, Angie. Seems like you are much happier lately. Dogs are great, you really should get one!
Hey, what day is your birthday?
I am going to be 26 too; on the 7th March (the day I fly back to the UK).
Birthday's on the 30th :)
I have no international travel plans on my birthday, though...I did think about flying home for the weekend, but I cannot afford that right now.
Post a Comment