Thursday, February 8, 2007

Spilling the beans...

I just booked a flight to go home to CA for a week at the end of September and beginning of October. That will be 17 months after the last time I was home. It's still quite some time from now, but I have great comfort in knowing that I got the vacation time approved at work and have the flight booked. It will really happen, and I need it! I am going for a friend's wedding, but there is another reason that I am excited about the timing of the trip. Not sure if I am really supposed to do this yet, but I've been holding it in for quite some time now. My sister is pregnant! She's due in August, so the baby will be around 6 weeks old or so when I go. It matters little to me that she's 8 hours away from my parents...that's a LOT closer than she is to me now and a navigable distance. I really hope that she and her husband and the baby can come down so we can get the whole family together. Selfishly it means that I won't have to take a couple of days out of my week home to drive up and back. I would rather not do that, but if it was the only way to see my new niece or nephew I would definitely go! So I let it out. I said it. I'm going to be an auntie!

5 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I am sure it will be very nice being an auntie.

Sarah said...

Congrats to Erin! And to you being an aunt for the first time! YEAH!!! Being an aunt is WONDERFUL! It's okay that you're more excited about seeing her ultrasound pictures than mine - that's understandable. :) And, I'm glad for you to be able to visit again - that's a long time to be away from family.

Redeemed said...

I am super excited that you booked your flight to California, and I'm even more SUPER excited that you're going to be an auntie.

Congrats to all the family. Praise God, He's so good!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to see you! And congrats on being an Auntie-to-be! :)

Angie said...

Thanks, all! :)