My mother sent me pictures today from my sister's baby shower yesterday. With about 7 weeks left before the due date, I am going to be an auntie before I know it! My mom included pictures of the stuff I took with me to California for my niece, and she wrapped it in a Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore bag, which was done on purpose, I am sure. You can always tell when gifts are for or from me around my house, since if Eeyore is on the bag or wrapping paper, I am somehow connected to it ;). I really need to get going on the second blanket I am making if I am going to finish it in time!
I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but my oldest sister is moving to North Carolina this week. I am excited about that, since I will have immediate family much closer than I did before. She's actually going to be living very close to an aunt and uncle and one of our cousins, so where they are will be the greatest concentration of my family anywhere in the country. It also means that my immediate family is spread out quite a lot. My parents and my other sister (the one having the baby soon) will be the closest, and they are about 8 hours away by car. The drive from here to where my sister is moving is about 10 hours. This is the story of my family, however. By now only a handful of my family (parents, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins) actually live in the same area (or even state!) they grew up. I am not unique in that sense!
I have not heard anything lately about my grandmother, so I have no news on that front. I suppose given the circumstances, no news is definitely good news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment