Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I've been quiet!

I just realized today how long it has been since I last posted! I suppose two weeks is not my longest silence ever, but it's high time that I greet the world again.

I have recently become addicted to playing Final Fantasy XI. I am still getting used to playing it, and fortunately I have a much more experienced player helping me along. It is quite fun. *sigh* I'm such a nerd!

Things are going well at work. I finally have my own desk now, although I have to live with only one monitor for now, and have no idea when I'll get a second one like everyone else in the department has. I am starting to feel more and more comfortable with my job responsibilities, which is a good thing. I have a little bit less fear and paranoia every time my phone rings! I find that I like helping techs more than the average customer. Maybe it's because we can tell them what we see and work with them to fix the problem and can understand each other. Their issues are also a little bit more predictable and are usually not difficult to fix for them. I admit that I am still a little bit...on edge whenever I see that I'm getting a "commercial" call (business class, including hotels) since they can either be easy or really complicated. One thing I have learned is that if the gateway tells you that a device attached to it has failed even after resetting everything, there's nothing I can do from my desk to help! ;)

I saw the latest Harry Potter movie on Sunday night. They cancelled the evening service at church, so I went with a few friends to celebrate a birthday. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, and cannot wait until the last book comes out on Saturday. I have a few theories from book 6 that I am quite curious to discover whether I was on the right track with them or not.

My office redecorating project is making slow progress. I am using some curtains to recover the futon and have ripped the seams on one of the two panels, so I'm halfway through that part of it. Then I get to get everything ready to start sewing. I bought curtain rods to use and the sheer panels for the window just shipped today, so things are coming together, albeit slowly. Right now I have what has come so far set out in such a way that things look roughly like they will once I finish with everything. It probably won't take me more than a couple of months to finish everything! ;)

I should be an auntie in approximately 30 days! I still have quite a long way to go on the afghan I'm making for my niece, so I'm going to have to get moving on that. I am thinking I will deliver it in person in September, but at this rate I might be hard pressed to finish it by then.

I suppose that's my life right now in a nutshell. Time is flying by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Final Fantasy! I'm glad you've discovered it! I can't wait for HP to come out. I didn't pre-order though so I hope I'll be able to get my hands on one. Hubby does the best impression of the way Snape says "Harry Potter!" It's quite funny. And you'll love being an auntie! Gosh, pregnancy seems to be everywhere lately, isn't it?