Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tonsil update

I've been really sick for the past three days. Tonsillitis, but not the kind that can be treated by an antibiotic. So now I'm waiting it out, hoping it goes away soon! Pain reliever plus difficulty swallowing has made my stomach really...sensitive, shall we say? Right now I'm working on getting a small glass of water down and staying down. After that I will try to medicate myself. I'm starting to get rather dehydrated and think getting some fluids into my system is more important than trying to make myself comfortable. For whatever reason the pain is either more dull or I'm getting used to having it and can doze off even with half of my face and neck swollen, so water is priority #1.

My Harry Potter book arrived in the mail, so that's what has been helping me pass the time. Unfortunately it means that I dream Harry Potter. As much as I like Harry, that's kind of annoying. Anyway, that's the situation in a nutshell. I really look forward to getting well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry you have tonsilitis that can't be treated by antibiotics. At least you have Harry Potter to read to make the time go quickly. I'm in the middle of reading the last book now.