Monday, August 18, 2008

Hi, can I kiss you?

Lucy had a day out today. She first went to see her stylist. We arrived at the same time as a HUGE yellow lab and a slightly larger boy bichon. The other bichon really needed a bath and a haircut - he looked almost yellow and his feet were brown. We saw him again when I picked Lucy up and he had been shaved (this is what his owner requested). I didn't recognize him at first, but his tail and belly freckles made his breed rather obvious, so I knew who I was looking at from that.

The groomer said that Lucy was a sweetheart and behaved herself perfectly. She was actually done more than an hour early, but as they had offered to send her over to the vet (right next to the groomer in the Petsmart), I didn't pick her up right away. The vet instead did her treatment (tests and a shot) before I got there for the appointment time, so it shortened her day anyway.

She behaved very well for the vet and got praise for how much better she looks now than she did two weeks ago. She has put on just under half a pound, but that has made a big difference. Her spine is less pronounced and her body looks fuller. The vet says another half pound and she'll be at her ideal weight. She was friendly with everyone at the pet store - men, women and dogs, so that was good. I also enrolled her in a training class that will start on Sunday afternoon and run for 8 weeks. Yes, that means that she will finish the class just a few days before Grandma and Grandpa come to see her, so she should be a perfect angel by then :).

We then stopped by work, as a few people wanted to meet her, and she was very friendly to everyone with the exception of one man who seemed to make her a bit nervous. She kisses strangers and is comfortable and confident in strange places, so overall she seems to be rather well adjusted to life.

See how pretty she is?



And now for something completely different...

Yeah, I really did see this on my way to picking up Lucy. I don't think it's legal... (Picture was taken with the cell phone, so it's not the greatest, but it captures the moment as I saw it!)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a happy little puppy! I love that last picture of her. :) BTW - how do you get pictures off your cell phone? Do you have a special cord for that or something?

Anonymous said...

Lucy, so glad you were such a good girl. You did have a busy day. You are very cute with your new 'do.

I have seen the chair in the truck bed thing. I am sure it is illegal but maybe cool if the truck goes fast enough.

The videos of Lucy and fish in an earlier blog were nice too.

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

Lucy is so sweet!!! She looks adorable, too.

Wow, that is some shot. It is hard to believe that people could be that foolish.

How are the fish?