Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm home!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I arrived safe and sound at my new home. When my new Mommy picked me up at the airport, I wasn't sure about coming out of my crate, but I gave her a kiss on the hand right away. She let me stretch my legs on a little grassy area at the airport before the drive to my new home. I kept trying to climb in Mommy's lap in the car, but she told me that it wasn't safe, so I took a nap for the rest of the trip.

We finally got home and Mommy took me to explore outside. I can smell that there are a lot of other dogs living in my apartment complex, but I haven't met any of them yet (although I did meet one of their Mommies). I got a tour of the apartment, and then we went back outside. I was so excited to see my leash and spend more time outside! Mommy didn't let me stay outside long since she thinks it's too hot right now, but she promised that we can go out again later this evening when it cools off.

When we came inside she gave me this treat ball. I am still not quite sure how to get them out, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I can't decide whether I want to explore or get loving, so I'm taking turns between the two. I am a happy, loving, energetic and friendly girl and I think I'll really like living here in my new home!



~Lucy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Lucy!!!

You are precious.

Now that you and Talia have written, I guess Beau, Monte and MooMoo should write. When I get home, I will show Beau your pictures.

You may be able to tell, I have kept checking this blog to see if you got published. :)

Nikki said...

Awww. Welcome to the family, Lucy dear. I am sure you will get the hang of finding the treats (and finding your place in this rather insane family) before long. :)

Anonymous said...

Sanity is overrated.

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

Yay! Lucy seems so sweet! We know you will enjoy each other wonderfully.

We brought Talia to see Lucy this morning. Talia pointed to the screen, smiled, and said, "doh." She thought Lucy was pretty special, too.