Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So sweet

I was thinking today of how great it felt to just trust God - it really is sweet. It reminded me of the words of this hymn.

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”*

To me right now, it's sweet to know "Thus says the Lord," not merely because of promises, but because His commands are good. If we know what God has said, is there really anything in life that we cannot face? Sometimes the commands are hard, but coming from a loving Father, they are for our good.

Psalm 119:35 says, "Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it." I don't always feel this way, but today I do. I'll enjoy this sweet delight while it lasts, and pray that it will become more and more frequent every day until I see His face.

*Every version of the words I found online had the last line this way. I remember it as "Thus saith the Lord!" As it really doesn't change the meaning, I'm going to stick with the more common rendition, although I do think my memory is correct on this one.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I remember "saith" also!

Anonymous said...

Blog posting is also sweet.