Friday, December 9, 2005

11/16 days...


This is what I am going home to in just 11 days. I am getting very excited about that! (Yes, I am also looking forward to seeing my family and friends, it's just more fun to talk about seeing the dog.) The days are flying by quickly as I finish out the semester. I turned in one paper yesterday and did a presentation on a project for another class and have two more papers to finish (I actually have about half of one done already) before going home.

We got more snow last night - I would say maybe three or four inches (it's a little bit hard for me to tell after it's been plowed and shoveled). That's the most snow we've gotten so far, regardless. For all of you out there who love snow, I will confess that I have come to appreciate it a lot more (I still don't want to drive in it, though). I like to watch it falling, but even better is seeing freshly fallen snow on the Christmas decorations up around the "downtown" areas. Flocking doesn't even come close to the effect. It is quite charming and adds something special to the season. In 16 days I may be dreaming of a white Christmas. As I sit here and listen to "I'll Be Home for Christmas" I know that it doesn't matter to me what the weather is like. I do look forward so much to being home again. It will, however, be interesting to discover what kind of reaction I have being removed from the snow for three weeks and then brought back to it!

No comments: