I checked my grades for the Fall semester online a few days ago and got one lovely A and one A with a "hyphen." Honestly, I was quite thrilled to see it. I could have done much worse, and since I am trying to get into another graduate program at the university, I was well pleased to see that so far I have no B grades (or, heaven forbid, worse, although I still have one more class to complete). At a time when I needed tangible proof that I am actually capable of doing graduate level work, this was most welcome.
I have the opportunity to make dinner tonight. I am looking forward to it :). I might just have to make dessert, too (not that we need it - the Christmas season always provides a dearth of junk food, but making some specially from scratch is so much more interesting). Tonight will provide another opportunity for me - spending the evening with my grandmother. This is certainly according to my philosophy which I failed to follow yesterday and also an act of good conscience. Her husband needs to be away for a few hours tonight and she cannot go with him, and I do not think that she should be left alone. Recent years have not been the most gracious to her mind and I hope that I may be gracious in my response to the same questions asked multiple times. I wish I could say that my attitude is positive going into this, but it really is not. I highly doubt that I will regret spending a few hours this way, however. This, too, shall pass, and I will be better off for it, I am sure.
I finally added some links to my sidebar today. Rather than a running commentary on the difference in the weather between my homes in CA and NY, they're linked on the side for those who actually care about such things. Despair.com is a site of demotivational posters - I love it! Just remember, "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots." Engrish.com is a great website full of butchered English. There's some pretty funny stuff on there. Puzzle Pirates! You, too, can enjoy countless hours of pillaging fun and you can play for free! Yarrr!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment