Several weeks ago I took this quiz. I would like to think that its results are really accurate, but I think this is the blogging type I want, and not really how I blog.
| Your Blogging Type is Confident and Insightful |
![]() You've got a ton of brain power, and you leverage it into brilliant blog. Both creative and logical, you come up with amazing ideas and insights. A total perfectionist, you find yourself revising and rewriting posts a lot of the time. You blog for yourself - and you don't care how popular (or unpopular) your blog is! |
Analysis from the top: I won't bother arguing whether or not I have a ton of brain power. I like to think I do, but I suppose reality will make itself apparent to the reader, one way or the other. Creative and logical with amazing ideas and insights? This is precisely why I started this post with the quote from Pride and Prejudice. Something in me wants to blog the way I always wanted to journal (I never could get into journaling, though I have tried on several occasions). I want the blog that is full of wisdom and wit that will amaze the whole blogging world and that my words would be remembered and passed on. I suppose that is why I embraced the nickname "Scribe." It implies something beyond just rambling words on a (web)page. In reality I think I might succeed in imbuing some humor and maybe a spiritually significant comment or two in otherwise mundane posts about my rather uneventful life. I really do not revise most of my posts unless I see some glaring spelling or grammatical error therein. Really, perfectionist though I may be in some things (like folding jeans when they come out of the dryer - has to be done just so to avoid wrinkles in all the wrong places), I don't spend much time revising my posts. Why would I spend time revising a post about buying a toothbrush, anyway? I blog for myself, yes, but I also blog for an audience. I primarily blog for my friends and family, allowing them to keep in touch with me, an otherwise horrible correspondent, but I have pretensions of blogging for a much wider audience. Maybe someday my blog will be discovered by strangers who are drawn to the clever words of this young woman. Not likely, but when are pretensions ever grounded in reality? I suppose my message to my reader is that I sincerely try to make my blog somewhat interesting for you! Here's hoping I succeed often enough that my readership does not dwindle away altogether. I want this place to be addictive...



1 comment:
Not sure if you have abundant brainpower? Lord, have mercy on little sister.
Post a Comment