The Greek philosopher Thales wrote, "Know thyself." (I admit I had to look up who said this - how on earth am I supposed to remember this guy if he doesn't have something named after him, like Socrates' Socratic Method, Phythagorus' Pythagorean Theorem or Heimlich's Heimlich Maneuver?) I have taken his advice and would refer the reader to a previous post in which I predicted that I would like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire better than The Chronicles of Narnia. I finally saw the Harry Potter movie yesterday and enjoyed in immensely, more than I enjoyed Narnia. I know myself well enough that I was able to accurately predict which movie I would like better. Perhaps my education has taught me something after all!
Speaking of movies, I just found out today about The End of the Spear. I think I am going to have to go see it! It is the story of the 5 missionaries killed in Ecuador 50 years ago today (the most famous of whom are Nate Saint and Jim Elliot), and I have heard from someone who saw it (it is to be released in theaters on January 20) that is it very well done. As it is an independent film, it may or may not be easy to find theaters that will play it, but I will certainly try!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hooray for philosphers... from someone who appreciates them more than most (more than is practical anyway).
Post a Comment