Thursday, January 11, 2007
Entertainment?
I tend to keep late hours, and I will often turn on a movie or one of the very few TV shows I actually watch, so my TV is often on well past midnight. This means that I get to browse through listings of all kinds of "entertainment" available to other late night television viewers. Tonight the TV was tuned to a channel showing some guys sitting around having a grand old time, making fun of an overweight woman and drooling over young, thin ones in bikinis. This is entertainment? I opted to watch a movie from 1940 instead. It seemed to be a more appealing choice. I was disappointed to see what looked an awful lot to me like a character straight out of Hollywood's blackface era - a goofy character who looked and acted ridiculous. That really bothers me, but apparently it was popular to audiences of yesteryear. What we find entertaining is sometimes very sad indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I like Abbott and Costello's good clean humor, but Rose has pointed out how ridiculous it is.
Post a Comment