Wednesday, January 10, 2007

People

People are not disposable. They are not paper napkins, paper plates or toilet paper. They are not single use. You cannot throw them away because they've got a little bit of dirt on them. They are of far too great a value to treat so cheaply or flippantly.
--------------------------------
I heard some news today that was hard to process. I do not know if I have more positive or negative emotions about it. Right now it is really hard for me and the prevailing emotion is not happy, but I am fairly certain that in the long run this is for the best one way or the other. Vague, but not something meant for the world's eyes...

5 comments:

Redeemed said...

Hi Angie, I can totally understand that it's not something you want to share publicly. I wouldn't.

All I can tell you is this: there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother (Pro 18:24). And that friend is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Hope you find much encouragement through that verse.

Sarah

Angie said...

Thanks, Sarah. :)

I have to clarify that the two parts of the post are not necessarily related. Makes things even more vague! ;)

Redeemed said...

Well, that’s a bit more reassuring, I think…:)

One thing is for sure, I completely agree with your first paragraph!

Anonymous said...

You have been speaking in riddles lately, but I think I can take a stab at the second section. lol. Do I get a prize if I solve the riddle? ;)

Completely agree with the 1st part even though I have no clue what the heck is going on, lol. That's what love is, it is NOT blindly ignoring someone's imperfections or faults, or refusing to acknowledge them, it is seeing them as they are, faults and all, and still loving them anyway and helping them to grow. :) Love and forgiveness go hand in hand (along with some other stuff too, lol)! Preach it sista!

Love ya girl. :)

Angie said...

Honestly it would probably be easier to figure out the first part, Shieryl. It is, in and of itself, a riddle of sorts, and a lesson for myself and the world. I believe it and must endeavor to act upon that belief.

I do appreciate you two! :)