Romans 1:16 ~ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
The gospel is the power of God - the power that made the universe, the power that raised men from the dead, the power that calmed the storm with a word, the power that raised up men and nations and destroyed others, the power that brought me into being - that's the most powerful power that ever has or ever will exist. This is not something of which I ought to be ashamed. Am I? I think there have been times when I have been very much ashamed. Now it seems that I cannot speak to someone for very long without making it known that I am a Christian. Do I tell them the gospel? Not yet. I should, which tells me that in some ways I am still ashamed of it. I will claim it but not explain it. I need to tell what I believe, not just that I believe. I am being selfish with God's power when He would like to use it liberally to save more lost souls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Very inspiring.
tudy to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
*study :)
I think you're well on your way, seeing as how the first step is recognizing what the problem is. :) Go Angie Go! :)
Great points. You hit the nail on the head with the Power comments. I think that power is a neglected and ignored aspect of the gospel message these days.
Post a Comment