Yesterday it became quite obvious that the young lady who is in charge of training the call center people trusts my ability to handle technical tasks. That's nice. I was also called out specifically to listen to the higher level tech support group's calls while everyone else sat with people who are doing the same thing that they will be doing. I think I've made an impression and that I have been earmarked for performing a cut above the average person hired into my position. That feels nice! I also offered my services to help with the online training course review process. I love to proof read and edit things and have some experience with developing (and teaching) course material for Microsoft Office training. They have some demand for Office training, so they may have me help with that. I would enjoy that a lot and it would probably be a good thing for me to do since I love the idea of getting into training at some point in the future. I think that I managed to make an impression in just a few days at work, and that feels good. It looks like a place where I could make a career until God calls me elsewhere.
I am attempting to adjust to my new schedule, so I am a little bit tired. My body clock is slowly aligning itself with my new hours, which is good. As soon as my laundry is done tonight I will be going to bed! My sleepy state is partly responsible for my lack of blogging of late, as is my generally busier schedule. I must say that I greatly prefer working full time to being in school full time. It just works better for me and I feel so much more productive and responsible.
I went to an event at church last night. It was a tea for the ladies with a special guest speaker as part of my church's month of missions. It was very encouraging and challenging. It reminded me of my commitment to going wherever God wants me whenever He wants me to go to do whatever He wants me to do. Sometimes I need a reminder. Right now I am certain that this is where I am supposed to be, although the what part is still a little bit hazy. I think He has good works prepared in advance for me to do that I have not yet begun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
It is vital to keep up an interest in mission.
You love to proofread and edit things? Oh my, get your butt over here and work in our dept now!! LOL. Good proofreaders are hard to find, I hope you know that you are rare. :)
Still so happy for you about your new job! So much so that hubby probably thinks it's as if I'm the one that got the job. LOL. Does this mean you will start blogging regularly again? Yay! I love reading your blog. :)
-shieryl
Praise God, Angie, it's nice to hear that you are doing well at work and that you've made quite an impression, but especially that you're happy.
It is certainly good to have a job! I am enjoying it so far and am starting to pick up on some of the stuff that I will have to be doing.
Thanks all for visiting. I love to see your comments here!
"I love to proof read and edit things"
O dear. It is either in the genes or terribly catching. Let me stress, however, that when it becomes what you must do 8 hours a day, it does lose a modicum of its charm.
Big Sis
Post a Comment