Wednesday, October 11, 2006

As an American I just can't...

I was perusing some of my classical music and was struck by one name: Arcangelo Corelli. He was a Baroque composer, which means I should probably pay more attention to him since I particularly enjoy Baroque music. While I am listening to and enjoying a piece that he wrote, it's not the music that stands out. His name is Arcangelo. How cool is that? His parents named him Archangel. I couldn't do it as an American. It would be a little bit too weird, but more power to the Italians for that one!

In other news, work continues to go well for me. Training is going way too slowly for me, so I spent part of my abundant down time making worksheets to be used in future training classes. They were unsolicited, but I have some ideas for how the class could be conducted differently in the future (we are the guinea pigs, since they haven't taught the class in this way before) to help people understand the concepts better. They younger ones among us have caught on quickly, but some of the older trainees are taking a little bit longer and I was observing where the difficulties seem to lie for them and made the worksheets with those difficulties in mind. The trainer is going to use them later on in the training and use them from the beginning with the next group, so that's exciting. She wants a second person to do the stuff she's doing, and I think she would like to have me fill that role. I would love it, but I can't get my hopes up at this time. Perhaps those doors will open in due time.

6 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I thought America was a free country.

You don't hjave that approved list of names like they do in Sweden.

God Bless

Matt

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a pretty cool name. :)

burndive said...

Perhaps they don't hjave freedom in Sweden, but at least they hjave fjords!

Matthew Celestine said...

But they don't have thousands of lakes like they do in Finland.

Redeemed said...

Nice to hear a bit of an update from you, Angie. God bless,

Sarah

Redeemed said...

oh, Angie, I have to tell you this. I was mailing an account to one of our clients today and her mailing address was in Binghampton, NY. I was like, OOOOOHH, I have a friend who lived there!!!!! I thought that was pretty cool. :)