Sunday, October 1, 2006
A new name
I have to come up with a new name to use at work. I can't use my given name because there are already people with my first name (both Angela and Angie) and my middle name (one of those names that really cannot be shortened), so I must find something else to go by on the phone with customers. I'm thinking I might use Lizzie. I use that name online as it is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
A new name! Wow!
It is like when somebody becomes Pope and they have to choose a Popish name to go by.
I was thinking of something more exotic.
Lizzie works! That is a very "Angie" name, and we all kind of think of you as Lizzie anyways. It's as synonymous with Angie as Ibexscribe is. :)
Angie, what is your middle name?
I would have expected you to spell it "Lizzy."
My middle name is Kay. :)
Kay sounds like a very red-haired girl sort of name.
Both Lizzie and Kay are pretty names. :) Or how about LizzieB? "Yo LizzieB, you have a call on line 3!" ;)
-shieryl
Angie, you are missed :(
I don't mean to disappear, Sarah! It is nice to be missed, however. ;)
Lizze is a nice name if you need a new one - I already call ye that half of the time anyway. Besides, it means "consecrated to God" and comes from the same root as your big sis' middle name, so even though I know myself not to be the inspiration, I can fancy that I am. hehe
Kay is a loverly name, too. Only one caution: anyone who has gotten into the sligtly reprehensible habit of speaking Internetese, using such gems as "kk" instead of okay may end up with rather interesting results when they combine it with an address to you: "kk, Kay. M'kay?"
P.S. JaneB is dormant and Lizzie may as well be... don't forget yer roots. ;)
P.P.S. Perhaps you can pass on the fact that I am impressed by your friend Jonathan Moorhead's taste in avatars. Andrei Rublev's icon of the Trinity... nice.
Lizzie... I like it. My alternative name is Kitty (or Kat).
Post a Comment