When I was in high school I would come home from school every day and turn on cartoons. I watched Animaniacs religiously. They were, along with their spin-off Pinky and the Brain, my favorite television. It was a sad day for me when those shows were taken off the air and replaced with the unimpressive stuff that is on now.
I recently acquired the first set of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, which was something I have eyed for quite some time now. Last week I was at Target looking for a way to use a gift card that I had and I saw it there: Animaniacs Volume 1. I had to buy it. There were just no two ways about it. I have since been enjoying watching the first episodes, remembering the delight of my youth. It has been fun.
In other news, I have been very busy. My weekend was packed full of stuff, but it was fun and fulfilling. I went on a hay ride at the pastor's house and then played pool for a couple of hours after that. We (my roommate and another friend and I) had a surprise birthday party for a lady from church and put on a nice dinner for her. Last night we went to dinner, which was also quite nice. Work has been going well and I should be on my own and working evenings starting next week. I am sure other things have happened since my last update, but I really can't think of much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I think we gathered you had been busy. Nice to see you back again, Angie.
Yay! She's back! :) I loved Pinky and the Brain too! "What are we gonna do tonight, Brain?" "Same thing we do every night . . . try and take over the world!!!" Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain, one is a genius, the other's insane. LOL. OK, sorry, I just had a major flashback. :) Glad to hear you're doing well, my friend! :)
pinky and the brain was awesome! I have the song in my head now!!!
It's nice to hear from you, Angie. Glad you are keeping well.
Point!
They're releasing all of Pinky and the Brain (separate from Animaniacs) in two volumes. The first one is already out, and the second one comes out in December.
"Pinky, are you pondeing what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?"
Tros!
On a related note, today is the last day to get $10 off $30 at Buy.com using Google Checkout.
I saw the Pinky and the Brain Volume 1 at Target when I bought the Animaniacs DVDs. Perhaps they'll go on my Christmas wish list. And, Tim, for future reference, it's POIT, not point. ;)
I love looney tunes. I hope all is well with you - sounds like it is.
I love Pinky and the Brain! My borthers and I used to watch that too.
Now I've got the song stuck in my head... "They're Pinky and the Brain, yes, Pinky and the Brain. One is a genius - the other's insane..."
My younger bro and I have a running joke about him being Pinky and yours truly being the Brain. If you saw us together, you'd understand.
How fun! Glad you're back Angie. I really enjoyed Anamaniacs and Pinky & the Brain also! Such fun. I have been eyeing that Looney Tunes Golden Collection for a long time, too - how is it?
I like the Looney Tunes stuff, Sarah. If you like their cartoons it's a nice collection to have. They have four volumes in it now! I only have the first one, but I have the others on my wishlist. :)
Post a Comment