Saturday, October 7, 2006

Time is flying by!

They say that time flies when you're having fun. I must be having fun these days because time is flying by! Was it really Tuesday when I last posted? It has been a long absence, but it certainly didn't feel like it. Wednesday I sat with someone on the phones for most of the day and had a little bit of classroom training. We had a worship night at church that evening for the the youth and the college and career groups. Thursday I listened to phone calls all day. Thursday evening I went to dinner and a movie with my roommate and one of our friends from church. We saw The Devil Wears Prada at the "Cinema Saver" (the cheap theater that only charges $3). Yesterday I rode with a tech all day and observed what he did to fix people's problems and install new service. At one house there were two girls, a 4th grader and a 3 year old. Both children were anything but shy with me. The older one is homeschooled and thought it was the coolest thing that I was homeschooled when I was her age. She then drew pictures for me of a ballerina and an octopus after I asked her if she colored the VeggieTales stuff that was up on the refrigerator. That was cute. Meanwhile the younger one was stuffing her little plush panda in my back pocket. VeggieTales and homeschool? My kind of place! The day was interesting overall and I did enjoy myself. Last night Nicole and I were looking at clothes online and decided that we needed to go shopping, so that was on the agenda for the day. I made breakfast after I had been up for a while and then cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the common rooms of the apartment. In the middle of cleaning my mom called to go through the clothes I left back in California piece by piece so I could tell her what to send me and what to get rid of. I own a lot of clothes. So I bought more today. I also returned all of my library books to the university library. Some were coming due and I just decided that they would all go back regardless of due dates. I would like to leave graduate school far behind me!

The heat came on in our apartment last night. It was near freezing overnight. The trees are really starting to change color and it looks like winter will be here soon. If it passes as quickly as summer did, spring will be here in no time at all!

2 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Blah! Time does fly by when you're having fun! TOOO FAST! lol Glad you're having fun. :) Coloring Veggie Tales pages is fun. ;) You'll have to show pics of your new clothes, since you are not nearby to hold a fashion show for me you must do it through the internet. LOL. ;)