Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tidbits

I found out last night at 10:30 that I had an appointment with my optometrist this afternoon. I scheduled it last year. Next year's appointment is on my calendar at work, so I at least recorded it somewhere in an attempt to learn from this experience. My eyes are healthy, if any of you are wondering ;).

I saw a hitchhiker today. I almost felt bad for not stopping since it was a cold day to be standing outside, but stopping would have been foolish and I wasn't going more than a mile or two down the highway, so it wouldn't have done much good even if he had been harmless and I had stopped. I don't really recall seeing anyone doing that in the past several years (and can't remember any specific instances of it before that, even), so it stuck out in my mind as definitely an unusual sight.

We're supposed to get 5-10 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon. Up to an inch or more per hour, they say. It's supposed to be bad while I am at work, not heavy until after I have to be at work and is scheduled stop or at least lighten up a lot before it's time for me to go home. Leaving work will be, um, fun? Makes me tempted to bring my snow boots for the car extraction process and pack my snow shovel in the trunk. I'm definitely bringing my lunch since I really don't like driving in whiteout conditions. We do get to wear jeans, however, so that's some small consolation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wear your boots.
Dress warmly.
Do not pick up hitchhikers.
Be careful.
Drive slowly.
Take vitamin C.
Get plenty of sleep.
Dream of Bozie.

Angie said...

I did not wear my boots but I did wear warmer than typical socks.
I am wearing warm clothes.
I did not pick up any hitchhikers.
I was very careful on my way to work.
I drove slowly. It took me 35 minutes to get to work (I left early, thankfully, and got here about when I usually do). Even then it was a challenge - had to correct a couple of fishtails. Just took a picture outside that I will post later so you can see what I got to drive in.
I haven't taken any vitamin C.
I got a good night's sleep last night - 8 hours.
I always dream of Bozie whenever he's sleeping, so I always dream of Bozie. Right now I am looking at Bozie and Talia in their strollers. So cute.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having fun with all the snow coming. It's good to plan ahead. It certainly looks pretty but I gotta say, I'm glad I'm not in it. So cold!!!!