Saturday, September 30, 2006

Gas sale

Every Saturday the gas station nearest my apartment has a gas sale. My roommate and I both plan to fill our cars up on Saturdays. The only reason I left my apartment today was to go get gas. I probably saved 37 cents. Hah! Was it worth it? Psychologically, yes, but I am not sure what its fiscal impact will be in the long run. I think it is a smart thing for the gas station owners to do. They probably lose less than a dollar per customer but gain quite a few customers and I would imagine that in the end they come out ahead. They get my loyalty by saving me 37 cents when I fill my tank about once every three weeks or so. In the course of one year if I put in 9 gallons of gas every two weeks I will save less than $10. I could buy myself dinner once with what I saved by purchasing gas there. In that light the whole thing seems silly, but I will keep going there for my gas. It's a smart business move, for sure.

3 comments:

burndive said...

Be sure to check out their impulse items while you wait.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Tim. I am a sucker for the impulse items. I always have to check them out. :)

Angie said...

I pay at the pump so I don't have to see their impulse items. I am a huge impulse shopper as every trip I make to a grocery store makes abundantly apparent!