
I am a pirate. I like to pillage and get involved in swordfights and brawls. I've been known to say things like, "Ahoy, matey!" My sailing skills are legendary. And I do all of this from the comfort of my living room. I confess, I am an online pirate with Puzzle Pirates. I started out as a low-life greenie with no experience. I became a subscriber for the following excellent reasons: at the time I signed up, you could only play for free for 30 days and, more importantly, subscriber pirates can wear better clothes and do more stuff. I became part of a crew and worked with them for a few weeks before I was made an officer, which is the goal of every pirate. As an officer you can command ships and therefore pillage whenever you want. You can also wear officer clothing so that everyone else knows that you are an officer. Then I was promoted to fleet officer within days and gained more privilege and prestige. Not long after that I was promoted to Senior Officer, the second highest rank possible within a crew. I bought myself a small boat and decorated it. A few days ago, the captain of my crew gave me the title of First Mate. While it did not raise my rank officially, it made a statement that I was foremost among the senior officers of the crew, the second-in-command over a crew of over 60 active members. That felt good! But it was short-lived. Within 36 hours of becoming First Mate, the captain of the crew approached me and offered me a choice: become captain of the crew or merge with another crew. I could be captain. That is the highest rank possible, and all through promotions! I could create my own crew and be captain, but earning it feels so much better. But I thought about how my responsibilities would change. I run to the captain when I have a problem with another officer or crew member who is not following the crew's standards of behavior and know that other officers do the same. I voted to merge the crew with another crew. My captain is no longer a captain; she's now a senior officer like me, and I gave up my position as First Mate to be just another senior officer. They gave me a new title: Scribe. I am now Lizziebennet, Senior Officer and Scribe of the crew Arabian Knights of the flag Camelot on the Cobalt Ocean. Yarrr!


1 comment:
Wow. Ahoy. I learn something new every day.... like yet more ways to spend my time now that I am unemployed. What would I do without you? ;)
Big Sis
Post a Comment