Saturday, November 19, 2005

Writer's Block

I have been suffering from a bad case of writer's block for the past several days. I haven't been able to come up with anything interesting to write for my blog and my thoughts are far too jumbled for my paper I am writing to materialize itself on my computer screen. I managed to get one paragraph written, which took me quite a long time, and a basic form for the paper. Blank stares at the screen followed. Methinks I am out of practice. It has been several years since I last wrote an academic paper, so I think that once I get warmed up I will do better.

I was recently (yesterday, that is) given a large number of dishes and purchased a few that I felt I needed in order to make my kitchen truly ready for anything. This means that I, the one who hates to do dishes so much, have a kitchen full of dishes that need to be washed. That's one of my objectives for the day, in addition to getting at the very least a few pages of my paper written. Ah, life!

Tomorrow we have a church banquet at a hotel, which happens to be about 3 or 4 blocks from where I live, so I will have the opportunity to walk to church. Fortunately the weather report is positive - it is supposed to be rather cool and partly cloudy, but no rain. Speaking of which, it looks like the weather is perhaps cooling of for good now. The leaves have almost all fallen off of the trees now, leaving piles and piles of leaves everywhere. My first experience with a real Fall has been mostly pleasant so far.

Thanksgiving is this week. I can't believe it's already here. It will be my first major holiday away from home, which could be interesting. I don't know how I will react to it. I know that my sister is going to be at my parents' house for most of the week, and that my dog has been groomed for the holiday, which might prove enough to actually make me homesick, but I will be there for Christmas, which is coming up rather soon itself!

No comments: