Friday, November 4, 2005
Jumping on the bandwagon
Have I finally succumbed to peer pressure? Am I a technological lemming? Everyone is doing it, so why not me? Alas, I have jumped off the cliff onto the bandwagon and created a blog. Why? I don't necessarily like sending mass e-mails and really do have a number of friends and family involved in the madness already. It may come as a surprise that I, the Scribe, have resisted this for so long. Perhaps I am afraid that in creating a blog I will be creating a monster. If I put my brain into the body of a blog, fed by a constant stream of electricity, like Dr. Frankenstein will I find an uncontrollable creature of my own creation on the loose causing mass destruction? Mass distraction to the author, perhaps. That should be my real fear. But as a student of American history, I know that we have nothing to fear but fear itself, so I lay aside my fears and venture forth into the world of bloggers, fingers poised to produce words for you, my dear reader, to enjoy, ignore, scoff at, take to heart, or use as a sleeping aid (better than Ny-Quil and faster acting, too!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I tried Ny-Quill last Sunday night and I could't get to sleep until 5 AM. My body does not like being drugged.
Post a Comment