I've been dealing with a clogged toilet for the past few days. It's the kind of clog where the toilet bowl fills up but doesn't overflow, then slowly empties. Clogged, but not completely. Plunging wasn't doing any good. In the past, the toilet has done this for a few flushes and then would start working normally again. It finally became clear to me that it was time to find another solution.
The internet is a marvelous thing. I found a site where people suggested using dish soap, hot water and mouthwash in various combinations. I stopped by Target on my way home today and found the cheapest bottle of dish soap (didn't want to risk running out of the stuff I use for my dishes) and the cheapest bottle of mouthwash (I figure I can use whatever doesn't get flushed). I put a liberal amount of dish soap in the toilet and flushed. It behaved much the same, so I added a liberal amount of mouthwash. I flushed, then plunged. I flushed again and my toilet was back to its old self again. No hot water, just dish soap, mouthwash and a plunger. Cheap, easy, and it worked surprisingly well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Weird. Very weird. But cool. :)
Ah, is this not why you pay rent? Maybe the landlord could find it in his/her heart to fix the toilet.
But then, finding a solution that works is nice. The soap and mouthwash should help it smell good.
Hmmm...gives me an idea.
Post a Comment