Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pictures


Readers may wish to look at the full size image on this one since the babies are still small and somewhat hard to see in the smaller image. Mom is ever keeping watch over her young. I guess some inexperienced Jack Dempsey parents eat their young at around 14 days. These guys are past that point and I count 25 or so babies in the picture and there may be a few that I didn't catch. Looks to me like inexperience has not been a factor for them thus far!


This is sauerkraut stew, my lunch at the tavern in Old Salem. It was very, very good!


There was a blacksmith at work in Old Salem when Nikki and I visited. He was working on a door latch. It is a very interesting place to visit, and I would not mind going again to see additional crafts.


Lucy not long before bed. She is asleep on the bed now as I type. That sounds like a good idea. I shall join her now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Home to all the babies!

Sarah said...

So fun about the cross-stitching! I'm glad you liked it so much to get a larger one! Send me a picture (or link) of the one you're doing now - I'd love to see it. :)

Sarah said...

That's a fun pattern! I've thought of doing that one for my parents since they both play strings, but I found a different one (actually stamped cross-stitch) on clearance one time for like $5, so I made them that instead. :)