Monday, September 22, 2008

Thoughts on a Monday morning

This morning we will start with some B.C.


While I find this particular comic very amusing, I also sometimes feel like that on my weekends. Unfortunately, however, doing nothing just doesn't happen sometimes. There's a Lucy around who seems to think that Mommy needs to take her outside a LOT. She had her obedience class yesterday (she was terrible - really wound up and wouldn't calm down) and gets groomed today.

Lucy's time at the groomer is Mommy's time to run errands. I really need groceries, as I don't think I've been to a grocery store in about 3 weeks. My selection of canned and frozen foods is waning, and I hate looking in the refrigerator and literally seeing nothing but drinks and condiments that are actually edible. What's in there needs to be thrown out, so I think today I'll break down and clean out the refrigerator. It is frustrating to be single sometimes because it seems like I can never use food up before it goes bad unless I eat the same thing every day.

On today's agenda is also cleaning out the larger aquarium, as someone is supposed to be coming to get it tomorrow night and that's not something I want to put off until then. Then there's laundry. Laundry seems to be the one chore that always needs to be done. Always. Someday I will have a washer and dryer in my living space and will be able to do it anytime I'm home. I won't have to deal with laundry room hours or driving to a public laundry facility. I won't have to keep mountains of quarters on hand, either!

I may put a little bit of work in on my resume if I remember to do that. It is a much less critical task, but I should get it done and out of the way. I also should vacuum and shampoo the carpets, but that is also something I keep putting off...

Then there's what I want to do: nothing. Sit and cross stitch, maybe, with a movie on. Weekends are too short and there's too much that I should be doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the things life requires of us.