1. My sister called me yesterday and told me that her ultrasound appointment is set for March 29 (the day before my birthday), and it is then that she will find out whether she is going to have a boy or a girl. Apparently that same day one of my college roommates will also have her ultrasound appointment and find out that same information. I didn't even know she was pregnant until my sister told me about it. It seems that everyone is having babies these days!
2. Sometimes I need a little gentle nudge to remind me what I value, and I am grateful for those nudges and the perspective they put on things.
3. I found something out today that really bothers me. Dishonesty can only make things worse, and it certainly did in this situation.
4. I learned this week that a friend from home is getting married. My mother is the one who told me about it, and she thought I already knew. I am beginning to realize how time and distance have really separated me from my friends out there. I am a horrible correspondent!
5. I was looking through a book catalog today to see if there was anything there to add to my wish list for my birthday. My brother-in-law pointed out to me at Christmas that there was nothing but DVDs on the list before. That has changed. I now have cookbooks and a few other books, too. Looking at the books reminded me that I have several books on my shelves that I have not yet read. I like to read, so I am going to start doing more of that again. All of the unread books make me feel a little bit weird about asking for more books, though. I have enough to keep me going for some time as it is!
6. God is good. I don't usually understand what He's up to. What I know is that when He speaks I would do well to listen. Lately He's been saying that we need to spend more time together. It has taken me long enough to get the message, since He's been saying it for a long time. I never mean to ignore God, but I too often let life go on without paying heed to its source.
7. I am getting a little bit of a travel bug again. I want to go places and see things and visit people I don't see often. I don't know what I'll actually be able to afford, but I will consider my options. I think I might go to North Carolina for a long weekend sometime. Mapquest tells me it's about 600 miles, so it's definitely a feasible trip. I have an uncle and aunt and a cousin and her family down there, and I might just have to put them on my calendar for a weekend. I have an e-mail address for the aunt and uncle, and I should probably use it and establish a little bit of communication with them.
8. I haven't gotten my hair cut in about a year now. That's really not good for the hair, but it means that it's a lot longer than I had it before. I don't know how long I'll let it get now. I doubt I would grow it out as long as it used to be. In any case, I need to get a trim. I don't know if I will get it highlighted again or just settle for the natural color. I'm thinking natural and no more than two inches off. ;)
9. My trip home is less than 7 months away now. I am really looking forward to it! My parents are supposed to come out here in May. We plan to go to Gettysburg and New York. A battlefield and a baseball game. That's less than 3 months away. I haven't seen my family in 10 months, so it will be so nice to see my parents twice in one year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm a horrible correspondent as well, but it's nice to have friends you know will forgive you for your faults. :) I'm working on it but I'm afraid busyness is one of my maladies.
I'm so glad to hear your parents will be able to go out and visit you! That battlefield and ballgame sounds like a lot of fun. :) As long as it's not a Yankees game, of course. :P How long are you going to stay out here when you come out? Squeeze me into your schedule please!!!
Hi Angie,
Thank you for the update. Will continue praying for your sister's pregnancy. I'm really happy that you will get to see your parents soon! I'm also happy you will finally get to go home! God is good.
And if you change your hair, we will want pictures ;)
God bless,
Sarah
Post a Comment