Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another one of those phone calls

I call my parents almost every day, so when they call me it is usually for a reason. Tonight I got one of those phone calls. My grandmother is in the hospital with blood clots in her leg. She has been in a nursing home for over three months now. She and her husband both have failing health and I know that when I see them next week that it will very likely be for the last time here on earth. If one of the blood clots travels to her heart it could kill her. I would like this one last chance to say good-bye. Just one more week.

3 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I am sorry to hear that.

Angie said...

Thank you.

It is something that I have had a few weeks to deal with. The last phone call came on my birthday, four weeks ago, when things looked really bad for both of them. I wasn't sure then if either of them would make it even this long. It made it a rough day.

Redeemed said...

Sorry to hear that too, Angie.

I know you will have a blessed time when you see them next week. Grandparents really are the dearests!