I just received an e-mail from one of my professors. She has the flu and is therefore canceling class tonight. I am quite relieved! I was supposed to present on a book tonight and am not so far along in it as I would like to be ten hours before class and six hours before I have to send out an e-mail with the outline of the book. Now my dilemma is whether to stop working on this and put it off until next week so I can read four books and a bunch of articles for a presentation on Monday afternoon or to finish this now and then read all of the stuff for Monday. Perhaps a little bit of both? The more I put stuff off the more I have to do in the last few weeks of class, and I have to get a draft of a paper written in the next two weeks so I can subject it to the scrutiny of my very critical classmates. What joys await!
Two weeks from now I will be at home with my parents and my dog, and I might get to see one of my sisters, too. It will be a crazy visit, but it will be good to be there! My itinerary is to fly in on Wednesday (the airline does not know this yet...I really ought to call them), see my grandmother, who is now in a nursing home (probably permanently) but doing a little bit better than she was a few weeks ago, and to see her husband, who is dealing with some pretty nasty terminal cancer. Thursday is my day to spend at home. I have not yet gotten the schedule of all of the events for Shieryl's wedding, but as a bridesmaid I know I am busy on Friday and Saturday! I will come back home (funny how I have two homes...) on Sunday. I still have not gotten my dress altered. It is too big! My friend and I are singing in the church choir and we have a special "night of Southern gospel" on the 30th. Her parents are coming up for that and her mom might be able to alter the dress for me - it might end up being free. I could use "free" right about now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Life is simpler when you have actual deadlines to meet, rather than one big thesis to write.
God Bless
Matthew
Post a Comment