Monday, April 24, 2006

Only one more

Tonight as I sit here I think about how I have only one more Monday night class to teach. Only one more. This teaching experience has been a huge blessing in my life. It was a learning experience for me, certainly! Even with the interesting disciplinary issues I have had to deal with I have had a really good time. There is nothing like talking about immigrant experiences with a group of international students! When I was in Israel two friends and I booked a weekend trip to Istanbul. There was some miscommunication and we missed our flight. God did not see fit for me to go to Turkey then, but He saw fit to bring Turkey to me this semester in the form of my 13 students. They will all go back home after this semester and I will probably never see them again after that, but I still have one more Monday night with them. I am going to miss them!

3 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

That must have been so interesting teaching them.

Angie said...

Yes, and it was interesting to learn from them as well. As an American I find that it is so helpful to visit other parts of the world and meet people from other parts of the world. We have a tendency to be so small-minded. They all came from Turkey about the same time I came from California, and I think we all moved from larger cities to this small one. Comparing culture-shock and adjustment notes was particularly enjoyable for me. It has been such a joy to teach these students!

Redeemed said...

That is great Angie.

I sincerely believe that teachers influence students' lives in a mighty way.

Thank God for good and dedicated teachers like yourself!