Sunday, September 10, 2006

At the fair

We went to the Conklin Fair last night with a group from church. It was a rather small fair compared to what I am used to, but it had funnel cake. I really like funnel cake, so I was determined to have some. I was not disappointed. We found a table where a little old man was selling fudge. It was only $1 for a bag of 5 pieces. My roommate and I each got two bags and ended up with chocolate peanut butter swirl, chocolate marshmallow, cookies and cream, and orange creamsicle flavors. It was all really good! They had a lot of other flavors there, too. They had a nice fireworks display. The pyrotechnics were not the best I had ever seen, but fireworks are always fun. We went back to the house where we all met (it was very close to the fair) and had a small bonfire and some of the guys tried to kill themselves with fireworks. Some of the things they do are just stupid! I am really surprised that at least one of them has not lost a finger by now. The night really impressed upon me how much of a divide there is in the group. There is a very large difference in maturity between some of the kids in their late teens and the rest of the group, and the older among us found ourselves trying to escape from the more obnoxious of the young. I had a good time. It was interesting for a people watcher like me. :)

3 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

A lot of sugar going on there.

Angie said...

Yes, but that is one of the standard pleasures of a fair!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love funnel cake! Yum! Sounds like you had a great time. :) And you can't go to a fair and NOT overdose on sugar. It's against the law or something. ;)