Monday, September 18, 2006
Tortured!
I am torturing myself right now. I have a roast in the oven and the smell is so amazingly wonderful, but it won't be ready to eat until I come home from work this evening. I love pot roast. The tender beef and onions and potatoes and carrots... My mouth is watering and I want to eat it now!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Wait, so you left the pot roast in the oven and left for work and the oven is on while you're gone???
My mother often cooks pot roasts. She has one of those slow-cooking devices. She likes her gadgets.
God Bless
Matt
Now my mouth is watering.
Shieryl, love your new pic!
weeiirrd, I came home and my mom had made pot roast for supper!
I was yum - espcecially that I worked till 7:30 tonight. I was very pleased!!
wow, lol, I WAS TIRED LAST NIGHT.
IT was yum, loollll
Yes, Shieryl, you can leave something in the oven when you are gone. The heat is very low, so it is okay. I only work for three hours in the afternoon, too.
Crock pots are wonderful things. It saved me yesterday!
So it didn't really turn out the way it was supposed to. My dad's instructions apparently work well for larger and less lean roasts. I had to salvage the pot roast by putting it in the crock pot instead of roasting it in the oven because it was cooking too quickly and some of the juices were burning in the pan. I was able to rescue it and it tasted like it was supposed to, so all was well. In the future I will have to adjust the cooking process a bit. It was a learning experience!
Heehee. I personally have always been too chicken to leave anything on while I am gone (not even a crockpot). Perhaps it has something to do with my parents' house burning completely to the ground when I was a very small child due to a neighbor's fire. I remember being shaken awake, then carried over to our neighbor's house across the street who was kind enough to give my brother and I some chocolate milk (a rare treat in the Philippines!). I suppose one of these days I shall have to become brave enough to leave the crockpot on and then leave the house. LOL! ;) Your pot roast sounds yummy though. I wish I was there to help you eat it! :)
Post a Comment