Who?
Me
What?
Work - customer service, first line troubleshooting ("Repair")
When?
Sunday 2:30-11:00 pm
Monday 2:30-11:00 pm
Tuesday 12:00-9:00 pm
Wednesday 12:00-9:00 pm
Thursday 12:00-9:00 pm
(There are 3 days of orientation starting on Monday and 5 weeks of training, during which time I will work 8-5 M-F.)
Where?
Time Warner Cable, Vestal, NY (it's about a 15 minute commute)
Why?
They need people, I need work
How?
By the grace of God
Speaking of the grace of God, I spoke to my father this morning and he told me about two people who were recently brought to faith in Christ Jesus through the ministry of my church in California. He taught the baptism class that they give a few weeks before each baptism for those interested in being baptized (class was two weeks ago) and then did baptism interviews on Sunday. There was one woman who put her daughter into a Christian school and then decided to go to church to find out more about what kind of school her daughter attended (she heard about "our" church through one of her daughter's friends who happens to be the younger sister of one of my best friends growing up). Apparently she was "mesmerized" by the service the first time she came to church in May and is now a believer and excited about growing and learning more. She is able to go to work on Monday and talk to one of her coworkers about what she learned at church. This coworker had been praying for her salvation and is now able to talk to her about the things that she is learning about God! There was also a young man in the baptism class who apparently before the class thought that baptism was necessary for salvation. My dad emphasized over and over again in the class that baptism is a command for those who believe and is not a vehicle of salvation. The young man met with a man from the church on Thursday night and he was led to the Lord, so now his baptism will be in response to his salvation and not in search of it. God is at work in people's lives, and He still actively saves souls when His people are faithful. How great is our God!
Anyway, about the perks of the job (perquisites, for those of you interested in expanding your vocabulary - good GRE word), since I think I promised more information at some point. They have very good benefits, which is something that I really appreciate. They have medical, dental and vision insurance for a very low (to the employee) price. They have a 401(k) program (retirement account for those of you unfamiliar with the finer points of US tax law). They also give their employees complimentary internet and cable television access in their homes. Darn. I'll have to get my internet for free. The bummer is that they do not allow you to use any vacation time for the first 6 months, but they do give you 2 weeks of paid vacation, 5 paid "personal days", and something like 3 hours of sick time every two weeks. Vacation and personal time has to be used within the calendar year or you lose it (you can accrue sick time, however), so I'll be "forced" to take vacations (anyone care to guess which state I'll visit first?) every year. They are open every day except Christmas, but do give employees holidays off with pay, asking that everyone work one holiday per year and only for part of the day (unless you want to work all day, in which case they'll let you). The holidays you work pay holiday pay plus overtime for the hours you work, so you get 2.5 times the normal pay rate for any hours you work on a holiday. That's nice. I think I'll volunteer to work some holidays! That's it in a nutshell. The pay is not spectacular, but it's a lot better than minimum wage and will be sufficient for my needs. I'm just glad that I have a job to go to on Monday, but once again I am forced to leave my children at work behind. I will miss that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Yay! Congratulations!!!! And it sounds like the hours are very conducive to you working towards a teaching credential of some sort, should you decide to do so. Yay, no more waiting!!! :) The Lord God provides! :)
AMEN!!!! CONGRATS ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!
The job sounds fantastic with lots of benefits. I'm sure you can finally breathe a little easier and enjoy the rest of the week, now that the Lord has heard your prayer.
And amen on all the souls that have gotten saved at your church in CA. The Lord is saving souls!
Seriously happy for you Angie!!! May the Lord give you wisdom and bless you richly with your new position.
:)
That is great news.
Thanks all!
Just wanna chime in with my congrats, too! I'm glad to hear about your news!
Thanks for stopping by, Julie. It is always good to see you!
Post a Comment