Thursday, September 7, 2006

Signs of hope

I had a rather late start to my day today. Once again I slept until after 12:30. I don't know how I manage to do these things, but that's the second time in not very many days. I went to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast/lunch and when I came back to my bedroom to get something my phone was beeping at me. I had a voicemail message from someone regarding my job application and resume, so I returned that call, but the woman who called was away from her desk and I left her a voicemail message. Unfortunately I was not going to be where I could have any sort of conversation for the rest of the day, so hopefully I will have a chance to talk to her tomorrow. This is a positive sign, and I do hope that it means that I will not be unemployed for a very long time. The money in my checking account will only last so long!

My roommate and I did a little bit of work on our living room this evening. She hung some framed photographs on the wall and we both did a little bit of rearranging to make the room look nicer. I moved the unit that holds all of my CDs and DVDs, so I put the DVDs back on it nicely (they were already alphabetized but had a few that needed to be put in their proper place) and finally organized my CDs (they were not organized at all). The room is really starting to look nice and homey now. We still have a few things left to do, but it is much better than it was.

6 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

You will get a job, don't worry about it.

Angie said...

As one of my friends from church said on Wednesday night, it is not faith that God will do something that I lack - I lack the patience to wait for His timing. He said that he wants God to do things yesterday, and I have often felt that way myself. At the very least I want to know when God will do something. I know He'll give me a job, but I would like to have it NOW.

Carey said...

Man, I wish I could sleep that late.

It is very hard to wait, but think of it this way (and you can apply this to almost anything) -- the longer God makes you wait, the better the gift will be when you receive it. Not if, but when.

Redeemed said...

You're in good Angie. The Lord will provide you with a job. Hope you get in touch with that woman today!

Redeemed said...

*good hands, haha

Anonymous said...

Yay! Did you get to speak with her since then?