Babysitting was a really good experience for me. I had the baby all day for two days, so I was able to see what it is like to have a child all day. I was tired! We went through really bad diaper rash, an upset tummy, multiple feedings (bottle and spoon both), and just getting through the day. She's a good baby, really, but even then there are moments that cause frustration. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
I have not yet heard back from the company that interviewed me yet, so that's why I haven't posted any news about that. Even while not really employed as I would like to be, I was able to deposit $300 into my checking account today. That was all money that I earned, too. God provides for me faithfully.
I am beginning to deal with the reality that I may not be able to go home for Christmas. I can handle Thanksgiving away from my family. I did that last year, and it wasn't so bad. Christmas will be harder, though. I hope that three months will be enough to get me used to the idea. I know that I cannot always go home for Christmas, but the first time isn't easy. I have a hard time admitting just how much the thought hurts right now. Perhaps I'll have my first white Christmas. There's something to be said for that, I am sure, but the brown Christmases of California have suited me just fine for 25 years. I miss my family, and I think that the expectation of spending Christmas with them was something that has helped me avoid becoming too homesick. There are days when I ask myself why I ever moved so far from home, but the answer is always the same: I am convinced that this is where God wants me. There is real comfort in that and in knowing that He is catching my tears in a bottle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
It is good that you enjoyed babysitting.
It will be hard if you cannot see your family at Christmas.
Your new photo is nice, though I did like the other one.
Angie, the Lord has provided some money for you through the babysitting, and He is able to povide the money for you to spend Christimas with your family and friends.
The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. Psalm 34:17
Yeah, spending Christmas with no family would be hard!!! But, you never know what might be around the bend and what the Lord has in store for you! :)
And wow, your pic is gorgeous! :)
Thanks for the comments on the picture. That was taken after I had the highlights put in, but you really can't see them. They aren't too obvious.
Sarah, going home for Christmas isn't about money - it's about getting time off of work for travel. It is highly doubtful that I would be able to take time off of work to travel so soon after my hire date for any job I end up with.
Post a Comment